My Old Town Predator MX Kayak Setup Outfitted for Fishing





So after using the kayak a few times, and walking around it with long, awkward stares in my garage, I have my Predator MX setup for fishing that seems to be working well so far!

First off, the audio isn't crystal clear in this video, mostly in the first half, because my hand was partially covering the microphone. I adjusted the audio levels throughout the video to make it as even as I could, but you should be able to hear everything fine...it just isn't super clean sounding.







Save 10% on all orders at Rapala.com! Just enter code FISH10 at checkout. Some exclusions apply.



Anyway, the most custom thing about this setup is the crate system, which is 2 Sterilite filing crates joined together. These can be found at Walmart for $5-$6, and I think they even come in other colors if you want to get super fancy and color match.

The rod holder is a "Downeaster" made right here in Maine. You can find some here: https://www.down-east.com/

In the future, I may add a fish finder, very basic anchor system (like...anchor and rope), and... a cupholder!


Here is the video:






Thanks for watching, feel free to ask questions, and if you have a link to your custom kayak setup, leave it in the comments, I will check it out sometime!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring the Abandoned Cascade Woolen Mill in Oakland, Maine

Smallmouth Bass Fishing on Phillips Lake in Maine

Fishing at Night with Black Lures