A Stroll Along the Penobscot River With a Little Fishing Thrown In


Walking down to the river


Let's use some euphemisms: Rather than getting "skunked", call it "scouting". Like: "I was scouting out the river to see if there's any good fishing there, and there isn't."

 Or: "I decided to take a leisurely stroll down the bank of the river, and decided to cast a lure every so often. I ended up catching a few small smallmouth...but that's ok, I was there for a leisurely stroll anyway".

I am going with the second one. I was hoping to see if there were any schoolies or big stripers in the river. I ended up catching or losing a few smallmouth bass on the small side.

Sometimes that's just how it is, but its always nice to be on the water, and enjoy nature, the scenery and wildlife.

I went back and forth trying to decide to publish this or not, but I thought maybe some of you may enjoy it, and see a small piece of Maine if you aren't from around here.

Scroll down to see some pictures, and the video!

Save 10% on all orders at Rapala.com! Just enter code FISH10 at checkout. Some exclusions apply.





























So, as you can see, it was an interesting scouting trip. Or a leisurely stroll. Anyway, if you want to see the video, here it is:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring the Abandoned Cascade Woolen Mill in Oakland, Maine

Smallmouth Bass Fishing on Phillips Lake in Maine

Fishing at Night with Black Lures