Fishing at Night with Black Lures




I wanted to do a different kind of video, so I thought it may be fun, and interesting, to do a night fishing video using all black lures.

They say bass feed at night based on vibration, sound, and silhouettes, and some say you should use black lures when fishing at night. So let's put that theory to the test.

I did catch a few largemouth bass, nothing to brag about, but I did catch some when it was totally dark, on black lures. I also had a few topwater strikes but was unable to set the hook. I was hoping to catch more than I did, but it was interesting, nonetheless. The fishing has been a little slow, and a little off lately, and the water level is much lower than usual...not that I am making excuses or anything!

The only lures that worked were the Heddon Super Spook Jr. (Black shore shad color) and the Booyah Moon Talker Spinnerbait, with a shortened Berkley Powerbait worm as a trailer (black in color). I had high hopes for the black Jitterbug, but for some reason, it wouldn't float. It's a new purchase this year, so maybe I got a bad one, or maybe their new ones aren't like the old ones (which I have a few of, that work nicely). I always remember them being totally buoyant on a pause. This one definitely wasn't.

After being on the water for awhile, the wind picked up and I could see flashes of lightning off in the distance, so I thought maybe its a good time to get off the water.

I would like to try this again sometime, hopefully catch a few more fish! I tried to make the video a little more interesting with some spooky stories, to go along with the theme of night time and the darkness.

I'm thinking of trying to use glow-in-the-dark type lures sometime, too, at night.


Save 10% on all orders at Rapala.com! Just enter code FISH10 at checkout. Some exclusions apply.






I hope you enjoy the video, here is the link to it:







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring the Abandoned Cascade Woolen Mill in Oakland, Maine

Smallmouth Bass Fishing on Phillips Lake in Maine